ReliaTel Voice Management, Alarm Management and Automated Notification
June 16, 2009
By Jessica Kostek
, TMCnet Channel Editor
Within a PBX (News
), VoIP or IP Telephony system, monitoring the constant stream of data going in and out can be daunting for a single team to manage. That’s why those at Tone Software (News
) developed ReliaTel.
ReliaTel can detect device, system, and network faults and alarms, and automatically notifies IT, telecom, and network staff of voice system and network problems as they develop. With in-depth analysis of all data collected and sense security, the ReliaTel solution delivers.
Each message collected from monitored PBXs, VoIP, and IP Telephony devices or systems is analyzed and compared with the installation established criteria and performance thresholds to determine if the message is a critical alarm or if the alarm should trigger automatic notification.
All alarms and activity messages are also logged in the ReliaTel message log database to provide a complete audit trail and historical activity log to speed diagnostics, troubleshooting, and problem resolution efforts, company officials said.
If the fault, message, or alarm is critical, or has been flagged for notification, ReliaTel automatically notifies the desired administrative, operations, network, and management personnel through a wide variety of media, including:
- Audible and visual devices
- Text-to-speech processors
- Video displays
- Alphanumeric pagers
- Text Message devices
Notification schemes can be based on any combination of criteria, including:
- Alarm Severity
- Alarm Priority
- Alarm Content
- Device type, location, or status
- Time of day, week, month, year, holiday or custom timeframe
- Specific days of the week, dates, or times
- Specific staff responsibility, expertise, job function, or location
- ANY other criteria to fit business rules or needs
The ReliaTel solution covers all the bases. Alarm handling is easy and efficient using ReliaTel’s Web-based management GUI, which provides users with a consolidated alarm management and diagnostic tool to analyze and resolve outstanding alarm conditions, including:
- Acknowledge and/or clear alarms
- Manage escalation parameters
- Browse the ReliaTel log of all device and user activity to analyze and diagnose problems
- Directly access and control the managed system or device
- Initiate restore or recovery actions or procedures, and restart or reboot the system
- Resolve problems and restore peak service levels
Jessica Kostek is a channel editor for TMCnet, covering VoIP, CRM, call center and wireless technologies. To read more of Jessica’s articles, please visit her columnist page.
Edited by Jessica Kostek